Release of OASIS 0.4.7
I am happy to announce the release of OASIS v0.4.7.
OASIS is a tool to help OCaml developers to integrate configure, build and install systems in their projects. It should help to create standard entry points in the source code build system, allowing external tools to analyse projects easily.
This tool is freely inspired by Cabal which is the same kind of tool for Haskell.
Pull request for inclusion in OPAM is pending.
Here is a quick summary of the important changes:
- Drop support for OASISFormat 0.2 and 0.1.
- New plugin "omake" to support build, doc and install actions.
- Improve automatic tests (Travis CI and AppVeyor)
- Trim down the dependencies (removed ocaml-gettext, camlp4, ocaml-data-notation)
- findlib_directory (beta): to install libraries in sub-directories of findlib.
- findlib_extra_files (beta): to install extra files with ocamlfind.
- source_patterns (alpha): to provide module to source file mapping.
This version contains a lot of changes and is the achievement of a huge amount of work. The addition of OMake as a plugin is a huge progress. The overall work has been targeted at making OASIS more library like. This is still a work in progress but we made some clear improvement by getting rid of various side effect (like the requirement of using "chdir" to handle the "-C", which leads to propage ~ctxt everywhere and design OASISFileSystem).
I would like to thanks again the contributor for this release: Spiros Eliopoulos, Paul Snively, Jeremie Dimino, Christopher Zimmermann, Christophe Troestler, Max Mouratov, Jacques-Pascal Deplaix, Geoff Shannon, Simon Cruanes, Vladimir Brankov, Gabriel Radanne, Evgenii Lepikhin, Petter Urkedal, Gerd Stolpmann and Anton Bachin.